I just love my collection of Himalayan Pink Salt Lamps.
They have grown so much in popularity recently due to their benefits but I’ve been using them for 14 years now. I love them for creating a cosy orange real fire glow in every room but there is so much more to them than meets the eye.
Here are six reasons why every home should have them.
- Salt lamps cleans and purify the air – It may seem hard to believe that a lump of salt fitted with an electric cable is capable of purifying the air and acting as a natural dehumidifier too. These incredible lamps attract and absorb water molecules into the salt, as the lamp warms the cleansed water is released back into the air and the impurities remain in the lamp.
- A must for allergy and asthma sufferers – Due to their incredibly ability to cleanse and clean removing dust, mildew, pollen and mould from the surrounding environment they can reduce symptoms for sufferers. They are also a must to ease coughing due to cleaning the air and protecting your lungs.
- Mood enhancer – Himalayan pink salt lamps are a natural way to enhance your mood or to help you to relax/destress. We all need that right? But also so beneficial to calm children too. They also have the wonderful quality of increasing focus and concentration so a wonderful addition to a study area/home office. They can also assist with seasonal affective disorder giving us a warm sunshine glow and can be set on timers.
- Better sleep – Himalayan pink salt lamps are natural negative ion generators, positive ions in our environment can deprive us of quality sleep so our lovely lamps help to address this. You can use one as a bedside lamp to clean the air and help you sleep better.
- Reducing electromagnetic radiation – Our homes and environments are full of appliances that emit radiation. Televisions, mobile phones, tablets, laptops, wifi boxes are just some that surround us now. Electromagnetic radiation has been shown to reduce the body’s natural defence mechanisms and create a drop in energy and function. Himalayan salt lamps work to neutralise the radiation. It’s a good idea to keep them close to a computer or near a wifi box. You can even buy mini lamps with a USB lead to connect to your gadgets.
- Energy boost – I’ve already mentioned Himalayan salt lamps have the ability to convert positive ions to negative ions. Positive ions cause fatigue so try plugging in a salt lamp where you like to spend your waking hours and you’ll soon notice a difference.
You can order a Himalayan salt lamp from me. There are different sizes available and they come boxed with a cable and bulb ready to plug in. They make a great gift if you can part with them.
Mountain salt lamp, weight 2-3kg £15 plus p&p £5.99 in the UK.
Mountain salt lamp, weight 3-4kg £20 plus p&p £7.99 in the UK.
Himalayan pink bath salts two bags – £7 plus p&p £2.99 in the UK.
Download your free top ten tips to start a healthier life by clicking here.